Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Children with autism suffer from more intense and frequent loneliness compared to non-autistic peers, despite the common belief that children with autism prefer to be alone. About a third to a half of individuals with autism do not develop enough natural speech to meet their daily communication needs. This can result in unique behavior and social patterns used by the individual to communicate wants, needs, likes and dislikes.
• Durable casing
• Rugged commercial grade tablet PC
• Large enough screen to be easily read yet small enough to be portable
• Full windows platform to support secondary educational software on an open devices
• Ability to perform normal task such as email, word processing, etc… on open devices
• Ability to lock out computer functions and make the device a dedicated solution for communication only